Our quail are raised as naturally as we can. This breed of quail is extremely resistant to disease so we have never had to use any medications on our birds. Absolutely no hormones will ever be used in our flock. Our quail are fed a natural, non-GMO grain. We supplement their feed with barley sprouts in the winter and flax seed to boost the omega 3 value in the eggs. Eggs are gathered several times a day to ensure they do not get too hot or too cold when the weather is extreme.
Quail Eggs are Good for you
There are a number of interesting claims as to the natural health benefits of quail eggs in comparison to hen eggs.
• Quail eggs are purported to be packed with vitamins and minerals, with a nutritional value 3 to 4 times greater than hen’s eggs.
• They have high vitamin B1 content and provide 5 times more iron and potassium than hen’s eggs.
• Quail eggs do not contain “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and are very rich in “good” cholesterol (HDL).
• It is thought that they help fight symptoms associated with allergies, hay fever and sinusitis due to the ovomucoid found in quail eggs.
• It is also thought that quail eggs help strengthen the immune system and vitalize the nervous system.